So, it's final!
I'm moving to the bay on the 18th of August. I had planned for the 12th, but I honestly couldn't imagine having a whole two weeks before school. I know for some this is small peas (is that the idiom?), but being alone is a huge trigger for me. It also would've made my next trip back to Los Angeles, three weeks instead of two. I talked it over with my mom and she agreed that it would probably be too much for me to handle all at once in the beginning. Plus, I really didn't feel like starting off an emotional wreck.
Things to do before I move:
- Finish my thesis (I don't know why I'm having such a hard time making this happen. I need to
just swallow my anxiety about perfection/failure and just DO IT. It's only two 20 page
chapters. I should technically be able to push it out in a week.)
- Research and find a long-term therapist and psychiatrist up north. Set up appointments. Also
make crisis plan just in case of emergency.
- Prepare for the class I'm co-teaching
- Create final schedule for fall
- Spend time with friends and family
It's exciting, but scary too! Getting my PhD is a dream come true but I know that it won't be a cake walk for many reasons -- my mental health being one obstacle. Wish me luck and stability as I transition into a new chapter of my life!