Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wow -- has it really been more than a year since I've posted?

I see a lot of people that I follow aren't active as much anymore. In the wonderful world of mental health blogging, this either means a lot of people are doing better, or they are doing worse. I hope it is the latter. In either case, I miss randomly rambling and the connections I found on here.

So much has happened since my last post!!! Summary:

1. I passed (sort of, but long story) my MA exam, and officially hold an  MA from my dept.
2. This means I have my QEs (qualitative exams) next semester. :(
3. My bf and I ran into a rough patch and took a break, but we're doing amazing now.
4. Part of this is due to him being able to find work and starting to do things he's proud of. Yay! I'm very happy for him. We were literally living off pennies for a little bit.
5. I had 2 IP stays within the last year, but have been hosp. free since February!
6. I've officially become a crazy cat lady. I foster cats, and right now am housing a nursing momma -- Taneesha, w/ her 4 3-wk olds -- Apple, Pickle, Pepper, and Brocco(li). :)
7. I've only cut twice in the past couple months! Almost hard to think there was a time when self harm used to be every day. Almost.
8. I went to IP ED treatment last summer. It was really helpful, but it got cut short due to insurance issues. I only was there for 3 weeks. It has really helped me in the long term, though I still bp. But I have to say once a day/couple times a week is a relief compared to the 5 times a day it used to be.

Of course, there's details, but I think that's good for now. I'll be back soon. Time to go play with chubby kittens.

2 comments: